Monday, April 26, 2010

It's just the beginning!

I am a cookbook collector. I've had to curb my addiction within the last year and I got rid of a LOT of cookbooks. I've held onto the ones that I use frequently and my method of remembering our favorite recipes is by using a recipe box. When we find a recipe we love (or the kids at least tolerate) we place a card with either the recipe on it or the reference to the appropriate cookbook including the title of the recipe, the book where it is located and the page number. This is all organized by category (beef, hamburger, chicken, bread, etc). This has worked for us, but I've recently decided that I would like to have all of these recipes in one place instead of spread all over my kitchen in different books. One of the leading reasons for this decision is when we got our new fridge and my cookbook cupboard had to be raised up an additional 5 or 6 inches. I now have to get a chair or the stepladder in order to get my cookbooks out of the cupboard! That's just a pain. It would be so much easier to just simply pull up a web page. Hence this new blog. Plus, this way I can share our favorite recipes with others, too. If you have recipes you would like to share, let me know and I can either put it on here for you or I can make you a contributor to the blog so you can enter them whenever you would like.

Now, what's with the name? If you're from the Midwest you won't think much of it. If you're from the west, like I am, the title makes sense. We lived here for a couple of months before we finally realized that a hot dish is really a casserole (or vice versa depending on where you're from). It's still a bit of a joke between my dear hubby and me. Hence the name. Enjoy!

P.S.
It will take me a while to put in all the recipes from "the box" as it's called in our home. Please be patient as I work on it!

No comments: