Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dinner in a Skillet

This recipe comes from my "Delectable Collectibles" cookbook and was submitted by Pat Turanski. As the original recipe stands it is fairly bland so I add a few spices, although I'm not very good with adding spices without instructions regarding WHAT to add, so you can add the spices that you think might work best.

My personal notes to the recipes are in parentheses.

Dinner in a Skillet
by Pat Turanski

1 lb ground beef
2 medium zucchini (or summer) squash
1 large tomato
1/2 medium onion
1/2 cup grated cheese
Salt (1 teaspoon)
Pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
(1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon thyme)
(1 teaspoon basil)

Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain excess grease. Dice squash, tomato and onion; add to meat. (I usually add the onion to the beef while it's being browned.) Season to taste. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.


Boy 1 (hubby's endearment) thinks we're trying to kill him in a slow and torturous way when I make this but Sister likes it for the most part. Boy 2 just doesn't eat. Period.

1 comment:

Beth M. said...

Eeeew! I'm with Boy1. That would be a slow, painful death!
Beth :)