Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling with Ganache

This little lovely was found at a friend's food blog called A Table for 7. I've made two chocolate cakes so far with this yummy filling and I think they turned out very well. I just use box chocolate cake mixes, pipe a ring around the top edge of the bottom layer and fill it in with this frosting before adding the top layer of cake. I suppose you could do three layers, but this is a LOT of chocolate already in my opinion! It's really good, though, along with the chocolate buttercream icing I frost the cake with in the end. Yummy!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling with Ganache
Table for 7

1 brick of softened cream cheese
½ cup of ganache frosting (recipe below)
¾ cup powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and ganache together and use as a filling between chocolate cake layers.
(I doubled this recipe for the 10-inch double layer cake I made last time)


Ganache
2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream

Example:
2 cups of Hershey's chocolate chips (milk chocolate)
and
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Stir with a whisk on medium heat until chocolate starts to get shiny. Remove from heat and set aside.

No comments: