Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Perfect Grilled Chicken

This is absolutely one of our favorite summer recipes. We cook almost exclusively on the grill during the summer. I love it! Everyone, including all the kids, loves this chicken. So easy with so little cleanup.

Perfect Grilled Chicken
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/perfect-grilled-chicken-65941.aspx

1/2 cup Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts - about 1 pound

Preheat grill to medium heat (or whatever works best for your grill). Pour dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 5 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade.

GRILL chicken 5 to 7 min. on each side or until cooked through -about 165°F.

****
Okay, now for our variation. We use however many chicken breasts we need. We usually do five or six, dependent on their size, and then I use about half a bottle of Sun-Dried Tomato dressing to cover the chicken in the gallon size Ziploc bag. I don't think they make the Sun-Dried Tomato dressing anymore (I stocked up whenever I could find it) but they do make Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette which works just as well. For that matter you can do this same thing with Italian dressing and it's yummy, too. I prefer the Sun-Dried variation more, though.

I ALWAYS let the chicken marinate for more than 5 minutes and I "squish" the bag around during the marinade time to make sure all the chicken gets coated well. I do 15 minutes marinating as a bare minimum. One to two days (I've even done three days before) makes it even better! So juicy and good! Enjoy!

No comments: